… every single resident of New York City decided to evacuate the famed metropolis, having realized it was nothing more than a massive, trash-ridden hellhole that slowly sucks the life out of every one of its inhabitants.
It’s funny how many times Laura have made similar observations including:
- "…the pressure of 20 million tons of concrete wasn’t constantly suffocating them."
- "I don’t need to pay $2,000 a month to share a doghouse-sized apartment… I want to live like a goddamn human being."
- "… the phrase "Only in New York" is actually just a defense mechanism used to convince themselves that seeing a ______ is somehow endearing, or part of some shared cultural experience."
- "… the Brooklyn Bridge is great but it’s just a fucking bridge…"
- "… that nobody goes to the Met anyway…"
- "… and that living in a dingy, grime-caked apartment while exhaust fumes from an idling truck seep through your bedroom window." (so true about our first apartment in the UWS)
On a more serious note… check out this pretty cool visualization of where New Yorkers have moved in the last decade: Map your moves.